Recent Research PublicationsGinther, Donna K., Davut Ayan, and David J.G. Slusky, The Unexpected Costs of Not Expanding Medicaid in Kansas, sponsored by the REACH Foundation, May 2022.
Ayan, Davut, Donna K. Ginther, and David J.G. Slusky, Economic Costs to Kansas Due to State’s Failure to Expand Medicaid, sponsored by the REACH Foundation, May 2022.
The Governor's Council on Tax Reform, Final Report, January 2022.
Ginther, Donna K., Genna Hurd, Xan Wedel, Thomas Becker, and Patricia Oslund, The Status of Women in Kansas, sponsored by United WE, January 2022.
Ginther, Donna K, Nancy Cayton Myers, Thomas Becker, Lindsay Elliot Jorgenson, "Growing New Ventures and Jobs in Kansas: An in-depth Review of Entrepreneurship Activities and Policies in Kansas and How We Compare." Institute for Policy & Social Research, The University of Kansas (January 2020).
Ginther, Donna K. and Pat Oslund. The Success of Transfer Students and Four-Year Starters in Completing Bachelor’s Degrees, sponsored by The Kansas Board of Regents, December 2017.
Ginther, Donna K. and Pat Oslund. An Evaluation of Community College Enrollments, sponsored by The Kansas Board of Regents, December 2017.
Maynard-Moody, Steven with Charles Epp and Donald Haider-Markel (2017),“Beyond Profiling: The Institutional Sources of Racial Disparities in Policing,” Public Administration Review, 77: 168–178. doi:10.1111/puar.12702.
Maynard-Moody, Steven, “Punishing the Poor.” Book review essay, Social Service Review, vol. 90, no. 4 (Dec 2016).
Maynard-Moody, Steven with Michael Musheno, “'Playing the Rules’: Discretion Social and Policy Context”. In Peter Hupe, Michael Hill, and Aurélien Buffat, eds., Understanding Street-Level Bureaucrats (Bristol, UK: The Policy Press, 2016).
Britton, Hannah E. and Dean, Laura A. ”Policy Responses to Human Trafficking in Southern Africa: Domesticating International Norms.” 2014. Human Rights Review 15(3):305-328.
Ginther, Donna K., Pat Oslund, Genna Hurd, and Xan Wedel. The Status of Women in Kansas and the Bi-State Region, sponsored by The Women's Foundation, February 2016.
Schwarz, Corinne and Hannah Britton. “Queering the Support for Trafficked Persons: LGBTQ Communities and Human Trafficking in the Heartland.” 2015. Social Inclusion 3(1): 63-75.
Weller, Travis and Allison C. Reeve. "Empirical Legal Research Support Services: A Survey of Academic Law Libraries", Law Library Journal, 107:3, 2015
Weller, Travis and Amalia Monroe-Gulick. "Differences in the Data Practices, Challenges, and Future Needs of Graduate Students and Faculty Members", Journal of eScience Librarianship, 4:1, 2015, DOI: 10.7191/jeslib.2015.1070
- Special Edition of Sustainability Science featuring the following articles from IPSR's Center for Indigenous Research, Science, and Technology (C-FIRST):
- Weaving Indigenous and sustainability sciences to diversify our methods
Jay T. Johnson, Richard Howitt, Gregory Cajete, Fikret Berkes, Renee Pualani Louis & Andrew Kliskey
- Sustaining indigenous geographies through world heritage: a study of Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park
- Weaving Indigenous science, protocols and sustainability science
Kyle Powys Whyte, Joseph P. Brewer II, Jay T. Johnson
- Atayal's identification of sustainability: traditional ecological knowledge and indigenous science of a hunting culture
Wei-Ta Fang, Hsin-Wen Hu & Chien-Shing Lee
- Indigenous Siberians solve collective action problems through sharing and traditional knowledge
John P. Ziker, Joellie Rasmussen, David A. Nolin
- Embracing the sacred: an indigenous framework for tomorrow’s sustainability science
Kekuhi Kealiikanakaoleohaililani & Christian P. Giardina
- Indigenous ecological calendars define scales for climate change and sustainability assessments
Ferdouz V. Cochran, Nathaniel A. Brunsell, Aloisio Cabalzar, Pieter-Jan van der Veld, Evaristo Azevedo, Rogelino Alves Azevedo, Roberval Araújo Pedrosa, Levi J. Winegar
- The role of Indigenous science and local knowledge in integrated observing systems: moving toward adaptive capacity indices and early warning systems
Lilian Alessa, Andrew Kliskey, James Gamble, Maryann Fidel, Grace Beaujean, James Gosz
- Niching sustainability in an Indigenous community: protected areas, autonomous initiatives, and negotiating power in natural resource management
Pei-Shan Sonia Lin, Yen-Lan Liu
- Participatory mapping to negotiate indigenous knowledge used to assess environmental risk
Catherine J. Robinson, Kirsten Maclean, Ro Hill, Ellie Bock, Phil Rist
- Sustainable development education, practice, and research: an indigenous model of sustainable development at the College of Menominee Nation, Keshena, WI, USA
Michael J. Dockry, Katherine Hall, William Van Lopik, Christopher M. Caldwell
- Taking different ways of knowing seriously: cross-cultural work as translations and multiplicity
Laura Zanotti & Marcela Palomino-Schalscha
- Inuit knowledge and environmental assessment in Nunavut, Canada
- Traditional knowledge in a time of crisis: climate change, culture and communication
R. D. K. Herman
Weller, Travis, Amalia Monroe-Gulick, and Lea Currie. "Local Citation Analysis of National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health Grant Applications: Meeting the Needs of Researchers," 2014, The Serials Librarian, 67:399-414. DOI: 10.1080/0361526X.2014.983291.
Ginther, Donna K., Pat Oslund, and Jen Boden. Economic Impact of Immigration in the Kansas City and the Bi-State Region, November 2014.
Britton, Hannah and Lindsey Shook. "I Need to Hurt You More": Namibia's Fight to End Gender-Based Violence, Signs Vol. 40, No. 1 (Autumn 2014) 153-175.
Ceci, Stephen J., Donna K. Ginther, Shulamit Kahn, and Wendy M. Williams. "Women in Academic Science: A Changing Landscape", Psychological Science in the Public Interest Vol. 15, No. 3 (2014) 75-141.
Seo, Hyunjin, J Brian Houston, Leigh Anne Taylor Knight, Emily J Kennedy, and Alexandra B Inglish. "Teens’ social media use and collective action", new media & society Vol. 16, No. 6 (2014) 883-902.
Johnson, Jay T, Renee Pualani Louis, and Andrew Kliskey. Weaving Indigenous and Sustainability Sciences: Diversifying our Methods (WIS2DOM) Workshop, sponsored by the National Science Foundation (2014).
Kerr, Barbara A, Xanthippe Wedel, Tracy Schmidt, and Cassi Donn. Women and Civic Engagement in Kansas City: Final Report, sponsored by the Greater Kansas City Women's Foundation (2014).
Ginther, Donna K. "What Holds Back Women Research Faculty?", LiveScience, January 23, 2014.
Peterson, Jeffrey M, Marcelles M Caldas, Jason S Bergtold, Belinda S Sturm, Russell W Graves, Dietrich Earnhart, Eric A Hanley, and J Christopher Brown. "Economic Linkages to Changing Landscapes", Environmental Management Vol. 53 (2014) 55-66.
View IPSR's collection of publications in KU ScholarWorks
Kansas Statistical AbstractThe Kansas Statistical Abstract 2021, 56th Edition is available exclusively online. Please visit https://ipsr.ku.edu/ksdata/ksah/ for more information.
- Archived Research Reports, 1998 - 2010
- Archived Research Reports, 1985 - 1997
- Monographs and Technical Reports
- Kansas Policy Review
- Lawrence and Douglas County Publications